Choc Protein Balls
Preparation Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: Serves 25
2 cups almond meal
1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
3⁄4 cup natural low carb whey protein powder
3⁄4 cup raw cacao powder
6 medjool dates
2 tbsp. raw honey
2 tsp. coconut oil
Handful of sesame, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. raw cacao powder / desiccated coconut
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, and blend until well combined. When squeezed in your hands, the mix should come together, and not crumble. If it crumbles, blend for a few more minutes in the food processor – or add a bit of water.
- Roll the mix into small balls and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix the chocolate coating ingredients until smooth.
- Tip all the balls from the freezer into this bowl, and toss them around, thoroughly coating them with the coconut oil.
- Roll the balls through some desiccated coconut or cacao powder, and place on a tray and put back in the freezer to set for another 1⁄2 hour. Store in the freezer or fridge until just before serving to prevent the coating from melting.
Need more diet tips? Chat to one of our Qualified Personal Trainers and start your helath & fitness journey with us. www.outfit24.melbourne